My Month in Links | June
What inspires me may in turn inspire you, which is why I decided to start this weekly series, which will ultimately be a collection of articles, podcast episodes, books, recipes, design & new brands or products I come across that I think are making an impact, regardless of how big or small that impact is. Plus, it’s an excuse to make mood boards which would make my 14-year-old self jump with glee)!
Hopefully these links do for you what they have done for me and serve as a reminder to take things slow, enjoy the little moments & make more informed, conscious decisions. As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!
1.Faithfull the Brand Daphne Mini Dress | I love the tiny marigold blooms and the vintage cut on this handmade & hand-printed frock.. A super feminine dress that would be the perfect packing accompaniment for an early-summer getaway.
2. Fight Negative Self-Talk | We all have an inner ass-hole in our mind, feeding us lies that we are not good enough; that we are worthless. However, we mustn’t give that inner ass-hole it’s voice. Here’s a quick article on 3 positive ways to quiet down the voice from the writer of the memoir On Being Human.
3. Guppyfriend Washing Bag | A new way to live consciously? Use a Guppyfriend; a patented self-cleaning bag that filters out all the microfibers released from your clothes when washing. Simply collect the fibers after washing and dispose of correctly. This ensures the fibers don’t seep into our waterways!
4. Florida by Lauren Groff | I have never been so enamoured with the language of a book until this one by Lauren Groff, who writes beautiful short stories about the state she calls home. Just like a French person swearing, where the language still sounds gorgeous, Groff’s writing has the same ability; the stories would often be complex or disturbing but the storytelling was magical. I finished it in 2 days!
5. Pai Rosehip Cleansing Oil | You may have heard about the benefits of rosehip oil or even seen Pai’s best-selling version around, which is why this new cleansing oil from the brand caught my eye. Marketed for sensitive skin as a lightweight cleansing oil, I think it would be perfect to take off sunscreen & any other residue after a hot, summer day.
6. Just Leo Being a Role-Model Dreamboat | Vogue recently wrote an article about how our favorite man, Leonardo DiCaprio requested to wear denim from sustainable brand Outland Denim for an editorial shoot. Leo’s refusal to wear anything other than Outland Denim for the denim-centered spread he was scheduled to shoot shows his dedication to the planet and the people on it. As if we could love him any more.